Truth be told, I am sitting on my couch writing this while it pours with rain outside. Hot coffee in my hand it feels only suitable that I am writing about my Fall Makeup Favorites.
I recently bought the NARS Extreme Effects shadow and have fallen in love with it very quickly. It’s the perfect blend of Fall colors. I love buying from Hudsons Bay because you always receive a bunch of freebies with your order, making it that much more exciting. This time around I got a free eyeshadow primer from NARS and a whole goodie bag from Clinique!
The palette itself is just stunning. NARS is hands down one of my favorite high-end brands. The quality of the shadows are pigmented, yet apply buttery soft.
Along with my NARS eyeshadow, I’ve been obsessed with the NYX Soft matte lip creams. My go-to shades right now are Copenhagen and Stockholm. I had to re-stock these shades because I ran out of my selection from last year. I know this might be different from other opinions, but I really like how light they feel on the lips after they dry. I dont like how some liquid lipsticks feel thick and chalky. These are an absolute dream to wear.
Those colours though! Such a fall aesthetic 😍
Also I’ve been looking at Tik Tok lately… Should I use it? Am I missing out if I don’t?
I feel like it’s going to be something where I don’t like it at first, and then suddenly I’ve fallen deeply into it and totally obsessed. I am still not entirely sure how to use it.
Anyway, TGIF everyone! What are your plans this weekend?
I’m going to carve pumpkins and drink a bit of wine with my friends. 🎃 🥂
With the whole pandemic happening I put a pause on any unnecessary spending for about 3 months. I did this mostly to save just in case anything happened, but I’m not even sure how much I really saved because my makeup budget turned into a snack budget real fast 😂
When I saw that little pink parcel in the mail I was over the moon. What’s that song again?
🎶 Brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favourite things. 🎶 … but pink instead of brown… you get the picture lol
I did something I never usually do and had a sneak peak of my bag when Ipsy released the lpreviews. I was so happy with what I saw it definitely fuelled my anticipation.
The bag they came out with this month is so cute! I love the bright yellow colour as it immediately makes me think of summer. And the pattern is just so fun! I’ll definitely be using this to pack all my little Knick Knacks in.
I’ll start with what I was looking forward to the most, and that was the perfume Juliette Has a Gun, in the scent Vanilla Vibes.
Ipsy has never sent me a perfume that I didn’t love. They’re always such a good size sample too, it tends to last me a really long time!
The funny part is that I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect summer scent. Something light and fresh that captures the essence of summer. Then Ipsy sent me this, and I was immediately in love. It was literally the exact scent I’ve been looking for. Usually perfume is just plain overpowering for me but this is honestly just the right combination. It also just smells really good on me, like it goes well with my body chemistry… does that make sense? It’s a thing right? 😂
Anyway I 100% plan on buying a full sized bottle once I’ve gone through the sample. And that is really saying something! They always get the perfume right with me.
Honestly if you’re ever unhappy with your Ipsy bag it’s a good idea to re-do the quiz because
a) It’s just a fun quiz to take in general and
b) It will totally change your bag to what you actually want and are going to get use out of.
The other product I was most excited for was the #inmo Cosmetics Velveteen Dream Shadow in the shade Kween Bee. Starting with the packaging I was obsessed. The little illustration on the front made me think of a Sailor Moon character.
For the actual shadow, I am always drawn to gold shimmers, they look amazing on any eye colour and skin tone. Unlike other shimmery shadows, this one actually applies amazing and the brush picks it up perfectly. Hardly any fallout and true to colour. Nothing more I could want! It’ll be at the top of my giant collection of gold eyeshadows!
I was very happy to receive the Youth To The People moisturizing cream as I have never tried the brand before. Supposedly this cream is filled with a whole list of superfoods including kale. 🤔 It can be used all over your face, or as a spot treatment for under your eyes. It’s a whipped consistency so it feels light on your skin but leaves you hydrated. I’m using it mostly for my under eyes and since it’s not very heavy, nor is it scented, it feels very refreshing.
Next this in my bag was the lipstick from Real Her cosmetics.
Honestly something about miniature lipstick just makes me so happy. Most people would probably say this shade is nothing to write home about, but to me it is the exact colour that matches my natural lip perfectly. It enhances the natural colour of my lips beautifully 👄 It’s not the longest lasting formula but it feels very comfortable on the lips, as it’s not drying or too smudgy.
Lastly was the Kohl eyeliner by Sugar. I’ll start by saying I’ve never found an eyeliner pencil that has worked for me outside of Makeup Forever or Mac. Unless it’s luxury quality it tends to melt down my eyes immediately… and that’s definitely what happened here. I was looking like a member from Kiss at the end of the day and it was not working on me 😂 I will be sanitizing and putting this is my kit so it won’t be a total loss!
Well I really loved this Ipsy bag and I’m already excited for next months bag 🤩
Does anyone else get Ipsy? I want to know how you’re getting on with your June bag ?
I feel like the past couple of months have been a heck of a journey for my skin. I took time to really care for my skin and keep on top of a skincare routine. The extra TLC really has made a massive difference!
I thought I would share some of the things I learned as I always believe knowledge is power and sharing is caring (see I fit in a double cliché 😂)
Now the big thing I have to say is that my skin is always changing, so just because it is good now, certainly does not mean it’s always perfect. Also, our skin doesn’t define us nor does it define beauty. Acne and other skin conditions are things that are purely out of our control sometimes and we all just try our best to take care of it. ✌️✨
Alrighty, my first tip might seem a bit funny but DON’T STRESS. Just chill alright? I know, I know life gets busy, crazy and downright unfair but we wear our stress on our face as much as we do our emotions. I know it seems trivial to say, but I recently had a very stressful period of my life end and my skin has basically been healing since then. I don’t know if there’s actually a direct connection between the two, but I’m going to say yes. 😉
Next, drink lots of water! 💦 I know this is what everyone says, but it wouldn’t be said so much if it wasn’t true. I think it is one of the most important tips for good skin health, as well as overall health. I used to think drinking water wasn’t important to skin health until I made a goal to drink about 2 Litres of water a day for other health reasons. I definitely don’t hit my marker some days but the extra hydration has been a saviour. If you find it hard to drink water I have a tip for that too: use a couple drops of Stevia (a natural plant-based sweetener) and add some lemon or a fruit tea to it. It will make the water a lot more tasty 😋
Double Cleansing is my next biggest tip! I think I spoke about this in an earlier post but I decided to put it to the test and practice it regularly. I’ve always had texture on my forehead and it has been a big insecurity of mine. I started to use a charcoal face wash with a soft face cloth to do my second cleanse at night and I really noticed a big difference. I don’t want to sound like a crazy person but I swore I saw results as early as the next morning! It’s also important for face cloth users to make sure you wash your face cloths on the regular. Bacteria grow in damp, warm environments and a yucky face cloth could be causing breakouts.
Lastly is being aware of how much you touch your face. This is so important! I know because my worst habit is touching my face and the acne always follows. Now I don’t mean not touching your face again, but be aware. If you’re out in public, bacteria gets on your hands, and then easily transported to the face when we try to smooth out some creased concealer or scratch that itch on our chin. If I know I’m going out I’ll pack a small brush to do any touch ups and keep a hand sanitizer with me as well.
(Ignore my chippy polish haha 😂)
I was just wearing a bit of moisturizer, bronzer and highlight in this photo. ✌️
It feels like I just did a favourites post! I have no idea where time has gone. 😱
April and May have gone by in a blink and I’m not sure how I feel about that haha! Looking back they were 2 of the best months I’ve had in a long time and things just keep getting better! I’ve been cleansed of many nuisances and reconnected with myself and what makes me truly happy. I got to put my priorities first for the first time in a long time, and I feel like myself again.
Life update over haha! Onto this May’s favourites! This month is heavy on skincare and home decor.
My first favourite has been my saving grace at school and at home for removing makeup. It is the Garnier Micellar Water in the normal to sensitive formula.
At school, we are putting on makeup and taking it off all the time. Sometimes 2 or 3 times a day! We have to do it quickly but thoroughly, and that can be a tough combination to find in a skin cleanser.
This is so gentle yet removes all the makeup and dirt from my skin in one soft sweep. I feel polished and clean after but not dried out.
Next will be no shock at all and it is The Ordinary skin care line, specifically Buffet, the Caffeine Solution, and my newest love the 100% Plant-Derived Squalane hydrating oil.
I have already raved about Buffet and the Caffeine Solution in this blog post HERE
The 100% Plant Derived Squalane Oil has really changed my skincare in ways I never thought it could. I have always had dry-ish skin and thought that it was normal. Never getting better, but never getting worse. One day our teacher was raving about how amazing the Squalane oil was and how it was a perfect primer to put on before makeup. I couldn’t help but be in awe at the effects it had on our skin and bought it the first chance I had. I’ve been using it every night and its provided SUCH relief to my skin! I wish I knew about it sooner. It is a thin oil that you smooth on your skin after moisturizing (I use it just before bed). I have seen such a difference I feel like it has rekindled my love of wearing makeup because my skin looks so amazing and healthy. This is definitely my #1 favourite for May and will probably continue on into June 😛
My next two favourites are homeware items and will be no surprise to you if you follow me on Instagram or here. They are the Coconut Leaves candle from Bath and BodyWorks, and my cute Cactus Mason Jar cup that I picked up from the dollar store. I love the fresh tropical scent of the Coconut Leaves candle, I never get tired of it. Along with that, my Cactus Mason Jar cup is just the perfect vessel for a mojito cocktail or mocktail.
Next, I have totally gotten back into making my own face masks! It’s so satisfying to create your own customized face mask and to know all the ingredients are organic and ethically sourced. This mask specifically is made with Spirulina Algae.🌿
May’s favourites were definitely very skincare heavy but it has been paying off! I feel like a brand new person!
Hope you had a fabulous month of May! Did any of my favourites make it on your list too? 😛
How are you doing on this fine, fabulous Friday? 😊
Today I wanted to share with you my favourite holy grail face mask. It not only removes impurities but adds antioxidants and important nutrients back into the skin.
I wanted to call it something funny like ‘Mean Greeny’, but I didn’t think it would be a very attractive title 😂 Instead I will call it the Best Detox Mask! (ever?)
For the base, I started with Bentonite Clay which is the most common ingredient in clay masks. It is a lightweight clay that is best used to rid your pores of any dirt, oil, or lingering toxins. Secondly, this clay helps with the healing of acne and can help lighten past acne scars.
Like I said this mask is all about being green! So it was a no-brainer to add Spirulina Algae to the mix. This algae, in particular, is a powerhouse of antioxidants which can reduce signs of ageing and are just important for the general well being of our skin, after all the epidermis is the largest organ we have! Spirulina algae are also filled with amino acids which help with the hydration of the skin and help with the elasticity.
If you don’t have Spirulina Algae lying around the house, Spinach can even be a good substitute since it is also high in antioxidants and vitamins.
Lastly, if you want this to be a healing mask as well as a detoxing one, adding honey can add a whole new list of benefits. Honey is best known for its antibacterial qualities making it amazing for soothing and healing acne. It also contains antioxidants that help slow the ageing of our skin, AND last but not least, gives your skin that wonderful glow afterwards.
I felt such a difference after using this face mask I would not speak about it so passionately if it didn’t help as much as it did! More amazingly I can’t believe it was (kind of) a fluke haha! I try many different recipes and some flop (very hard) and some work wonders. This just happens to be one of the lucky ones!
I also feel very strongly about using organic and ethically sourced ingredients too, so when I make my own face masks I know exactly where the ingredients are coming from, and the quality of them.
A big shout out to Oleum Vera for being an amazing organic brand that makes amazing starter kits so you can create your own face masks. (No this is not sponsored by them 😛 I wish haha!)
Let me know if you guys like more of these skincare posts, I certainly love writing them and sharing my experiences 🙂
Today I wanted to chat about a new skin care purchase of mine.
Since I’ve been going to school I’ve been exposed to so many new products and beauty brands. Along with that, I am so lucky to be surrounded by very knowledgeable people in terms of makeup, skincare and beauty in general.
The one brand that stood out as a winner for everyone was The Ordinary. I had never tried them before or even heard of them. My first assumption was that it must cost a pretty penny if it works that well for everybody and can be found in beauty boutiques. That’s where I was wrong! It is by far one of the most affordable skin care lines I’ve seen. I bought these 2 items without breaking the bank.
The item I wanted most was the Caffeine Solution. It was raved about as a holy grail for everyone so I had to see what the hype was all about. Basically how it works is: the caffeine stimulates the blood flow under your eyes reducing the darkness, and reducing any puffiness. Quite genius when you think about it, it’s like an extra shot of espresso for your under eyes. Rise and shine! ☀️
The other serum that I bought is called ‘Buffet’. The name really explains it all as it is a buffet of amazing ingredients. It’s an anti-aging serum that contains Peptides, Probiotics, Amino Acids, the list goes on! While I am still young and not needing to worry about anti-aging products yet, it also helps with many other things like the elasticity in your skin. It is a deep moisturizer containing Hyaluronic Acid, and also helps with the overall texture of your skin.
So, now we get to the really good stuff. I’ve been using it for roughly a week and a half. At first I wondered how quickly I’d see any results (if any). It’s hard when you see yourself every day, so you don’t always notice a difference. I started to notice my usual hormonal breakouts were not as bad, and the blemishes disappeared quicker. Once you apply it, you can feel it work all day/ all night. It sinks deep into the skin instead of sitting on top, or disappearing like other serums do.
The caffeine solution has done as promised and so far my under-eyes look a whole lot healthier and brighter. When allergy season hits I often get itchy swollen eyes. I have been noticing that the caffeine solutions helps reduce the swelling, and has slowly diminished the dark circles. Not only is that great for my self confidence, but it’s made wearing my contacts more comfortable which is an odd discovery!
I apply moisturizer after letting the solution sink in and it feels amazing. I read some reviews of people saying it dried out their under eye, but I haven’t found it to do that at all. I think because I do apply my moisturizers after the serum, it might help. 🤷🏼♀️😁
I was also intrigued by the style of packaging they come in. The glass dropper makes it easy to apply and the glass tip is very cold and soothing when I apply it under my eye. I’m not sure if that’s the intended purpose but that’s how I’m enjoying it. 😂
Each bottle contains a whopping 30 ml, and a little goes a very long way. In terms of price, product quality, and packaging this line of skin care is a winner.
The Caffeine Solution retails at $6.70 CAD, and Buffet at $14.80 CAD.
I would love to know if anyone else has heard of this brand? I have to credit my lovely classmates for telling me about this brand! ❤️ you ladies are a rad bunch. 😘
I wanted to have a fun chat through of the new (more new to me than anything) Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel crème.
Now that I am a student I am trying to make smarter purchases and to be less impulsive on my product choice.
What prompted this, is that I am almost out of my Cliniqué moisture surge. It’s been my skin care holy grail for a couple years now and I painfully realized I just don’t have the $60 to spend on it.
I was looking through Shoppers and came across the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cremè and spotted a lot of similarities not only in packaging but in the formulation as well. I had used the serum from this line before and loved what it did for my skin.
I decided that the sale price was worth it (a steal of a deal at $19 marked down from $26) and bought it!
The Formula: Right away the consistency of it is very similar to the moisture surge: Clear and blue (instead of clear and pink). It has the same smell as the serum too, the only way I can explain it is like the smell of a swimming pool but not in a gross way 😂 It has a jelly like feel until it smooths into the skin. The warmth of your skin makes it melt into it.
Application: I notice a little goes a very long way. My skin feels hydrated but not heavy. On freshly exfoliated skin it sinks in even better and I apply an extra coat just for a luxurious feel.
After a couple hours:
After applying and going about my routine my skin still feels fresh and soft. Not oily or sticky, but dry like everything had soaked in nicely.
In conclusion/ comparison to Cliniquès Moisture Surge, I do feel that the Moisture Surge has better lasting power, but only because of the obvious price difference. I believe if you are looking for something with similar benefits but half the price, this is the way to go.
Since I changed up my skincare I feel like it fits in easily. I’ve been going for more natural and ‘sensitive skin friendly’ products.
I spoke about these in my last post but would anyone be interested in a ‘Skin Care Routine’ post or anything along those lines? 🙂
I am starting to realize that we all have our own quirky habits that we may not share on a regular basis due to their strangeness, eccentrics or yaddayaddayadda. I want to break that stereotype and share some of my weird, wacky, and maybe even helpful habits. There’s nothing better than finding a cool ‘hack’ in my opinion. As a beauty community, I think it’s important to show we are all wonderfully different and that is what makes it a great community.
So I’m going to kick off with my biggest habit that actually turns out….is good for you?
1) Not washing my face in the morning. I know what you’re thinking, it sounds so gross, but hear me out before you make any further judgement. I will use a cleansing wipe to freshen up or warm wet cloth to ‘wash’ it but that is all. Then I apply moisturizer and serum etc. I know we all believe that we must wash day and night but really what are we ‘washing off’ in the morning? If you cleanse your face thoroughly at night and all that, what are we washing off in the morning that is so bad? The answer is nothing. We are not exposed to any dirt or bacteria, and typically we don’t sweat so what’s the point? (Of course, if you’re sick or do sweat that is a different story). Night time is when our skin actually repairs its self after the day of abuse from sun, makeup, and being around bacteria. It needs that time to literally rebalance its mojo. The reason we use moisturizer before bed is that we strip our natural oils with the dirt when we wash our face, hence why replenishing is important at night. So don’t freak out if you miss a morning wash, or really don’t want to get up and do your regime. It might actually be good for you. Take it easy on your skin in the morning, it’s just woken up too ;P
2) Applying Moisturizer with a brush. So this might be more of a preference than a benefit. I just hate touching my face. It’s a weird habit I know (hence the title). I constantly worry about bacteria especially when I have acne so this seemed like a possible solution. I started using a soft synthetic stippling brush to apply my moisturizer and serum. I am way more happy to do my skincare routine at night, thus improves my quality of care. It is important that we like our skincare routine and if it needs a re-vamp once in a while that is ok! I was reluctant to do mine because I dislike touching my face, so I started using a facial brush to wash, and then the stippling brush right after that. Now it is my favourite time of night.
3) It’s ok to let your hair get ‘greasy’. So this goes to an extent. Like I said before about washing your face, your body has natural oils it produces to condition your skin, scalp and hair. These oils are not bad in regular amounts. The natural oils our scalps produce is actually what keeps our hair soft and scalp happy, so don’t be so quick to strip your hair of it every day. I can honestly say I go 3 days without washing my hair (but still showering and staying clean obviously) Have you ever noticed there’s always a golden time between your freshly washed hair, and when you need to wear a bun to hide the flop? I call that the happy hair period. It’s a perfect mix of natural oils and clean hair. Embrace it! Let your hair go the extra day without a wash, just wear a bun. I guarantee after you wash your hair it will feel soft and your scalp will be very happy too.
4) Last but not least: Admire yourself in the Mirror. I know, it feels we’ve been taught that you shouldn’t like things about yourself because it makes you vein…WRONG! It is totally healthy to like certain features of your body, or heck, your whole self for that matter! As long as you’re not doing anyone else harm, there’s nothing wrong with loving yourself. I challenge you to look in the mirror once every day and say something you like about yourself. Whether it be your little freckle on your nose or your whole figure. I urge you to say it and then smile. I’m not saying this will move mountains in terms of self-esteem but it will be a real pick-me-up every day. Whether you’re totally made up in your best makeup, or ‘au naturel’, I think this is an important habit to make 😊 It has taken me a darn long time to feel good or even proud of myself, and this is one thing that’s actually helped no matter how corny and cheesy it sounds.
Thank you for stopping by! Hope you’re having a wonderful week so far. Remember you can do it! ❤ Whatever it is :p
Most people call me crazy, but Sunday’s are actually one of my favourite days. Whether you wake up early (like me) or you have a lay-in, Sunday’s are just one of the calmest days. You can use it to putter or get life organized.
My favourite thing to do on Sunday (or any day, I know some of us work the weekend) is to treat myself to a face mask. Personally, after the late nights, the makeup, and lazy face washing, my skin typically needs some serious resuscitating.
I want to focus on detoxing and brightening today so my mask will include:
White clay ☁️ is the first ingredient. This is a typical base for many face masks because of how easy it is to use and it’s wonderful texture. It has a very fine consistency so it doesn’t dry out your skin, but it still softens and gently exfoliates without any harsh scrubbing. It also has wonderful purifying qualities and cleanses deeply to remove stubborn dirt and oil.
Cucumber juice! 🥒 When you see people wearing cucumber slices in the movie it isn’t just to play up the cliché of a girls spa day. Cucumber juice is amazing for reducing puffiness (hence putting them on your eyes) When you add a bit of the juice to your skin care it can also have a very soothing effect on your skin. The active vitamin in it is Vitamin C believe it or not, and the acid in it is what creates that soothing effect. Also found in cucumber is Caffeic acid and is common in many vegetables, fruits and coffee. It also helps to calm puffiness and swelling. I will slice up 3 slices and then squish the cucumber until it’s a pulp.
Lemon Juice 🍋 Another great natural acid for your skin. I’m only going to use a small amount (about 1 teaspoon) so I don’t overdo it. The acid in lemon is a great antibacterial agent as well if Tea Tree oil is too strong. I find lemon juice is more gentle for an all over use. Plus lemon is great for clearing out blackheads. For me, my chin and nose are the worst for blackheads and oily skin, and I will layer this extra on those parts.
Lavender Pods 💐 They act as a great exfoliant since they’re more chunky thank the clay. Lavender oil itself is great for healing scars and is especially great for acne scars. I
Avocado oil 🥑 I use just a few drops to soften the skin while the other amazing ingredients do their work.
Once you mix up your ingredients apply fresh to your face as soon as possible! Using fresh ingredients in your face mask means live vitamins being absorbed directly into the skin.
I leave this mask on for about 10-15 mins. You will feel the acid from the lemon juice ‘tingling’. This is it acting as a chemical exfoliant. The lemon an cucumber make this face mask smell so fresh!
While washing off the mask I massage it into my face and let the clay and lavender do their work.
Then once I wash it off I apply my moisturizer and finish my skin care routine. I feel like a brand new woman after! 😊 The next morning my skin always feels incredibly soft too.
I’m going to be honest, I was so excited to write a January favourites post it was one of the only sure-fire posts I knew I was going to write. I was inspired and ready to write. Then February came along and somehow my brain just forgot about it like ‘nope nothing to see here’. So, this is my long-winded apology for not having a favourites post for a *very* long time.
I was just using so many of the same things that it felt repetitive. I was in a slump. Mostly why there was/is a lack of new product reviews is just because I’m saving every penny I can for school! But that doesn’t mean I haven’t tried anything at all 😛 I’m out of the slump!
Oh boy, where do I start… The makeup of course! So many new favourites, some I have already spoken about in short reviews so I’ll keep them to the point.
ColourPop Eyeshadow. I treated myself to a little ColourPop haul in early December as I had never tried that brand before. I didn’t really do a haul post since it was such a tiny order and many other bloggers had such wonderful extravagant posts…I just felt that mine might be a bit underwhelming in comparison 😂 However I’m happy to say I’ve tried them and I’m just as impressed as I’d hoped I’d be 😄 These are the 3 Super Shock shadows I was most excited to try! They are in the shades: Fluffy, Sequin and Catnap. After playing with them and getting used to the new consistency I have started sneaking them into any makeup look I can! At first, it threw me off, but I realized some shadows I ordered were glitters (lots of glitters but not as much pigment) and others more pigment and fewer shimmer chunks.
2. Sheet face masks. This might be self-explanatory but look how freaking cute these are! I love a face mask that keeps a mess to a minimal but still delivers results. Mostly it’s just the novelty of putting one on, maybe having a bath, relaxing and then peeling it off to *hopefully* expose softer more vibrant skin.
3. Lush hair masks. Specifically speaking about the hot oil hair treatments that come on a stick. Not only do they serve up amazing nutrition and conditioning for your locks, but they are a great bang for your buck. Just store in an old clean lush pot and use a small amount of hot water to reactivate after storing. I get about 3 – 4 uses out of each, which I consider being an amazing deal. The one I have been loving is called ‘Damaged’ and it is a powerhouse for repairing and hydrating any kind of hair.
4. Total Tease Mascara by Rimmel. I think I’ve raved about this before but this Mascara holds strong as my absolute favourite (next to the Clinique Mascara) and is still going strong. I feel a bit bold saying I do in fact love the synthetic brush and just how short and sturdy the bristles are. It works so well with my eyelashes, grabbing every one! The formula of it is light but you can layer it up for a full look. My absolute favourite part though is that it is NOT waterproof, but will stay on all day with no fallout or anything. Then at night, it washes off so easy with no missing eyelashes.
5. NYX Eyebrow Gel. I was feeling adventurous after my last brow product ran out and saw all the products on the NYX stand calling out my name. I had tried brow pencils, powders and pomade, but never a gel. I have very full brows and I knew I need something pigmented but pliable to work and that’s exactly what delivered. Now the term ‘gel’ threw me off since it’s more of a liquid/soft pomade in my opinion, but I was relieved by the consistency. The colour matches my brows and it stays on strong all day. My only woe is how fast it dries. With that being the only annoyance, it also means that it never smears or budges.
6. Loreal Colorista Hair colour. I recently had an itch to dye my hair but didn’t want to use any harmful chemicals (which is typically what throws me off of any hair dying) I remembered that I had one bottle of the L’Oréal Colorista still tucked away in my bathroom. I am so impressed by how well it not only dyes my hair but how soft and healthy my hair feels after. The other best part is that it will wash out after 4-8 washes, making it the perfect dye if you don’t want to commit to a colour permanently. The only downside is that it strictly only works on blond or highlighted hair. Anything darker than dirty blonde it will not absorb into the hair at all. On the upside, they sell absolutely everything you would need to lighten your hair and then dye it, and even wash it out if you don’t like the colour!
7. American Eagle Perfume: Live Your Life. Something about this perfume is just perfect to me. I bought it a couple of years ago on holiday, and it is a chameleon for every season, matching perfectly for cold or hot seasons. The smell is almost indescribable to me, but I can say its a sweet yet rich smell. I’m hoping to high heavens that it isn’t discontinued or anything because I use it about 3-4 times a day to freshen up and I will need a refill soon! Not only does the smell remind me of that holiday, but I can wear it no matter what season it is! I classify this as more of a body mist because of the light scent, which is another reason I love it so dearly. I don’t like too strong of scents, but I still want it to last me. Also, what can I say? I love a good perfume with an inspirational quote on the bottle 😛
Thanks for stopping by! ❤️
Has February flown by just as fast for you as it has for me?